Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Package From Sweet Streets

Sweet Streets is an amazing artist representation company run out of California.  They represent female artists including Shojono Tomo, Yuka Chocomoo, Bei Badgirl and so many more.  I actually was lucky to interview Caro, Sweet Streets' founder, for my friends website and you can read all about her amazing job here!  I loved hearing all about it and I think it's so close to what I would have as a dream job although I can't decide if I would want to be an artist or be on the management side.

Anyway, I was also extra lucky to win one of their Instagram giveaways over the holidays.  I didn't think I stood a chance.  But today I finally got the package and I want to show people what was in it.

It all came in a gift bag with tissue paper in a big box.  It was really exciting to receive especially because it wasn't the only package that came today.  I got my print from the Smart Car collaboration between Buff Monster and Adam Wallacavage today too.  My mom thought I went on a shopping spree and seemed kind of annoyed until I showed it all to her.  At that point she was more confused than she was annoyed.  Anyway, these are the wonderful cute things that Caro and Sweet Streets gave to me! 


Shojono Tomo x Onch Movement Stuffed Toy


I saw this and I think my eyes turned into hearts.  This is soooo cute and it's a one of a kind piece too.  Not sure what part of this Onch did but there is that logo on the back so I suppose it was a collaboration.  I don't know the best way to display it either.  It's so strange and wonderful so it needs a perfect home.

Shojono Tomo Heavy Metal Circus Leggings


I love these so much too! They are really high quality too and you can see how nice the printing is.  I have another pair of leggings in a similar style except they're printed with Sanrio toys. I love leggings like these but I never know how to wear them because they're so visually powerful.  Let me know if you have any pro fashion tips for printed leggings!  I think I will wear debut with a black dress I have for The Cotton Candy Machine Biennial Submissional show closing party this Saturday.  If you want to get yourself a pair, you can buy them here through Sweet Streets.

Shojono Tomo Print


I love this print because it's like Alice in Wonderland x Snow White and the colors are amazing.  I can't wait to hang it up in my room.  I am so behind on frames so it's going to have to go hang out in my art pile (it's actually a pile at this point) until I can manage to get myself to a store to frame everything.




I also got a really yummy candy cane, Eimi and Caro's business cards and a thank you note from Caro and Shojono Tomo.  The business cards are possibly the cutest things ever and they make me want  to get new ones even though I just ordered over a 1,000 of them a month ago.  Caro's note is super sweet too.  Thank you so so so much Caro and Sweet Streets!

I highly recommend following Sweet Streets on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram because they post the most amazing artwork and information about art events!


Twitter ✿ Instagram ✿ Etc.

1 comment: