For the new year, I wanted to make a list of accomplishments from 2013 as well as some new goals for 2014. That way I don't have to feel like 2013 was unsuccessful when making a list for the new year.
Success from 2013
- I had my first art show
- Won an award for my photograph of a geisha
- Planned successful events on campus
- Wrote articles for the school paper, music blogs and Bitchtopia
- Made a lot of new friends
- Self confidence x100
- Graduated college
- Got a job in NYC
- Met and worked for my favorite artist
- Worked for 2 additional successful artists
- Got a job teaching in Japan for next year
Goals for 2014
- Make more of my own artwork
- Continue to meet more people
- Study Japanese every day
- Pursue new opportunities
- Try more new things
- Buy fewer things I don't need
- Clean my room
- Donate more money to charity
- Stay positive
- Care less about material things
- Care more about things to be proud of
I feel like one of the most important things I learned in the past year is to take more control of my life. We have much more control over our life situations that we are lead to believe and I have made a point to use that to my advantage. I was raised with the belief that "you can have anything you want as long as you want it enough". I have been doing a better job of being conscious of the kinds of things that make me happy and pursuing whatever that may be. I think it has helped me feel a lot better about myself and my life, especially in this post-college situation that tends to give a lot of people, myself included, anxiety caused by uncertainty. Not everything is handed to you. If you want it, you have to go out and get it because there is (unfortunately) no such thing as a fairy godmother that is going to appear at your bedside and turn you into a happy and successful person. You have to make the choice to take chances and put yourself out there in order to make that happen. That's exactly what I have been doing and I couldn't be any happier with my life now.
What are you most proud of from 2013?
What do you hope to accomplish in the new year?